Our annual fundraiser is coming up on Thursday, October 14! We’ll be back in-person at St. Archer’s Brewery with tacos, a raffle and auction. Tickets are on sale now.
Please spread the word! This year it is more important than ever that we see a phenomenal turnout given the increase in domestic violence survivor needs here in San Diego over the last several months.
Here in our community at-large we’re seeing:
- 30% increase in crisis calls every month for emergency relief services
- More requests for hotel vouchers, rental assistance and other safe housing needs as shelters have less room due to social distancing requirements.
- Increased costs for restraining orders and retaining legal services as our pro bono attorney contacts are overbooked and unable to take on new filing requests
Thanks to a generous anonymous donation and the remainder of our San Diego Foundation grant, we’re working hard to meet as many needs as we can. In addition to helping with the items above, we’re also providing survivors with funding for:
- Household items as survivors relocate
- Back-to-school items and children’s clothing
- Therapy sessions with clinicians specialized in trauma healing
In addition, we’re rolling out a new curriculum for our survivor support groups that will include a free workbook on recovery and rebuilding. In addition to continuing to provide safe places for survivors to share their experiences, support groups provide structured and tangible ways for survivors to move towards hope, wellness, and thriving. This is especially helpful for those who are unable to pay for/ attend regular therapy.
We’ve also hired a new Volunteer Coordinator, Adriana Vargas, who will help us enhance and scale our volunteer program. If you want to learn more about opportunities to volunteer, email: email@example.com.
We are so grateful for our incredible volunteers and donors, who enable us to continue changing lives in San Diego. Thank you and we hope to see you at our Annual Fundraiser on October 14.